Sunday, 21 July 2013

Wind, Water and Fire!

Glory to God!

Today was our last day in Butuan. We were invited to minister at a large church in the city and we were encouraged by the presence of the Lord in the place and the spirit of worship we found. After a good time of worship, I preached on the faith that trusts God in the storm, that touches Jesus to receive healing and that honours the presence of God. I then led the church in worship as I encouraged everyone to worship the Lord from the heart and in their own words. As we did so the Lord once again manifested His presence and people began to weep and kneel before Him. It was wonderful as the the Holy Spirit seemed to blow through the room. As people came forward for prayer Frances and I ministered to the people and watched the Lord pour out His love on His people. One lady was healed as we prayed for her shoulder and could subsequently move it freely. She was in tears of gratitude. Thank you Lord! 

After a buffet lunch with the church's pastor and wife and some of their leaders, we made our way back to the hotel so that Christopher, Christine and Yra-Lee could swim in the pool. They loved it! After the usual Mango-shake Berwyn and I made our way to the radio station for another live broadcast. Frances, Liberty and Roszel had some time together and watched the kids. They also had to finalise some paperwork together. 

At the radio station I had another 60 minute slot and I spoke on the Kingdom and how Jesus came to preach the good news of the Kingdom and demonstrate the reality of the Kingdom. I shared the need for faith in Christ and new birth to be able to see the Kingdom and enter into it. I had a lot of fun and hundreds of people got to hear the good news! Praise the Lord! 

After the radio broadcast we dashed to the youth meeting at the Free Methodist Church. Worship was already underway and when I was asked to speak, I talked about the fire of God and revival. In response to the message almost all the youngsters came forward to receive the fire of God. It was awesome. I am convinced God is saturating this generation to spread the fire if His love and power. 

After the youth meeting we made our way to a restaurant for our final family dinner together. As we followed the car of Julius and Roszel and got ready to turn into the parking area in front of the restaurant, a motorcycle slammed into Julius' car! We saw the motorcyclist fly over Julius' bonnet but praise God no one was harmed! Julius' car, however, is quite bashed in the front. He then had to accompany the police and the motorcyclist to the police station - not the way we had planned our last evening together but I am so grateful that no one was hurt! 

Tomorrow we leave for Manila and are looking forward to spending some more time with Mark and his family. I am going to miss this place and what God is doing here. It has been a fantastic visit and I praise God for all that He has done and will continue to do here in Butuan and the surrounding area.

 "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them." Acts 2:2,3

No comments:

Post a Comment