Sunday 18 July 2010

Fire Ignited!

This will be my last entry as tomorrow I fly back to Frankfurt via Manila and Hong Kong. Today was another special day with God. This morning I spoke at a small church near Mabini Christian Fellowship, called Lift Jesus Christian Fellowship. On the way to the church I passed a place where they make their traditional roast pork - most interesting...


After I spoke to this dear church family about how God has ignited us with His fire to set the world alight, I ministered to each person, again asking the Lord to touch His people and once again the Lord was faithful and ministered to His children. I interviewed the pastor's very talented young son who played the drums...




We then had lunch at the Villadares' home before we made our way back to Butuan where I was invited to speak at a Free Methodist Church in the evening. About 50 young people congregated for the evening service and I spoke to them about how we must honour the Holy Spirit if we are to receive a greater revelation of the Father and the Son (John 16:13-15). In response to God's Word I simply asked the people to recommit their lives to honouring the Holy Spirit in every area of their lives and to repent of any way they believed they had grieved Him or ignored Him. The response was precious as we worshipped the Lord and the people engaged with God and responded to His presence.

After the meeting we went for a coffee and the guys had a traditional snack (Balut) which you can see in the clip below...



It's sad to leave this wonderful place and the many new friends I have made. God has been so faithful during my entire visit here and I praise Him for His abundant grace and love. I believe a fire has been ignited! To Him be all the glory for all the wonderful things He has done here and will continue to do here! I am excited about KLF partnering with Pastor Berwyn and His wife Liberty in continuing to build God's Kingdom in Mindanao and the Philippines. God is richly blessing our relationship and I believe we will see even greater things yet! Hallelujah!

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." "Philippines" 1:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment