Saturday 17 July 2010

Worship Seminar


Today we had a worship seminar for youth at a Free Methodist Church in Butuan City. Over 80 young people attended. Before I even got to talk about worship in song, the Lord prompted me to talk to the young people about sexual purity and why it is so important to understand how the believer is one with Christ and therefore should not be joined to one who is without Christ (2 Cor. 6:14-7:1).

We then looked at John 4:1-26 and saw how we need time in God's presence to receive a greater revelation of who He is, in order to "worship what we know." As the woman at the well spent time in Jesus' presence she moved from knowing Jesus as a man, then a prophet and then the Messiah! The Lord also spoke to us about what it means to worship in spirit and truth and how it is only by the Spirit of God that we can address God as Father! God's presence was wonderful and when I asked how many people wanted to recommit their lives to Jesus almost all those present responded. Hallelujah!

Their response really opened the way for God to do even more. After speaking to these young people about honouring God with their lives as their spiritual act of worship (Rom 12:1.2) we looked at the account of David bringing the Ark to Jerusalem in 2 Sam. 6:1-23 and how the believer must honour God's presence and treat God with reverence and fear! God just continued to pour forth spiritual revelation on passages I had never preached from before and the people were taking it all in, despite the intense heat and humidity. I then asked everyone who wanted to be filled to come forward for prayer and almost everyone came forward. We then worshipped the Lord and I asked the Holy Spirit to minister to them and as they responded to the Lord's presence I laid my hands on them and they all received. Many fell over into the loving arms of the Father and sobbed on the floor as God revealed His overwhelming love to them. It was wonderful!

I praise God for what He did today. I subsequently found out that these young people had never experienced the manifestation of God like they did today as many of them come from churches that are not open to the Holy Spirit's work. So I praise God for His amazing love and faithfulness and for the many changed lives today! Hallelujah!

Tomorrow is my last full day here and I will be preaching in the morning and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment