Sunday 31 July 2011

The Father's gifts

Today was my last full day here. In the morning pastor Berwyn and I made our way to a church in Cabadbaran, the main town in the Mabini region. I spoke to the church about the woman at the well (John 4) and how the key to receiving from God is to know the gift and to know the Giver. In response to the message and the work of the Holy Spirit, over 10 people committed their lives to Jesus and were prayed over to receive the Holy Spirit. After ministering to these new creations in Christ, we spent some time praying for the sick and once again people testified to feeling God touch their bodies. Hallelujah!

After the time of ministry, Silvestre M. Sastrellas III, aged 12 (son of the pastor) sang a song and boy can he sing! Just listen to the snippet I recorded. This child has an amazing gift.

After lunch and checking out a papaya tree, pastor Berwyn and I visited his home and fellowshipped with the family. After that we made our way back to Butuan, an hour's drive from Cabadbaran and had a cappuccino at Margie's. The afternoon service was at 16h00 so we made our way to a place called Lemon. The pastor of the church picked us up with his motorcycle so I got to hang on for dear life once again whilst pastor Berwyn took pictures of me clinging to the bike.

We were welcomed with a joyful song and the people were really friendly and delighted to see us. Many kids attended the meeting so I knew I had to cater for quite a wide-ranging age group again. I spoke on the Father's desire to give His children good gifts and how He wants us to receive the Holy Spirit through faith in Christ. We had a lot of fun and after the message over 10 people gave their lives to the Lord. Once again I invited people forward for prayer to be healed and around 10 people were prayed for. Many testified to feeling God's touch and some reported immediate relief from pain. Hallelujah! Just as we were on our way to leave, another man was brought in whom we led to the Lord and whom God touched with His healing power. One of the pastors that attended the meeting told me afterwards that her daughter had been suffering from pain in her lungs and chest from asthma but after the meeting she could breathe deeply again without pain. Glory to God.

As today was my last day here I invited pastor Berwyn's whole family to dinner as well as pastor Jonathan and his family. We had a special time together at a place that had a kids area for the children to play. We enjoyed grilled chicken and for dessert we had halo-halo (fruit salad) with ice-cream in a coconut shell. Yummy!

These two weeks have been very exciting and very special indeed! God has glorified the name of Jesus through and through and I have had the joy of leading many to Christ and seeing many touched with God's healing power. The Father simply loves to give good gifts! I praise Him for His faithfulness and for giving me the grace to do His work here in the Philippines. I have been on the go for two weeks and have been fit and healthy and strong every day. His grace is truly sufficient for us and His favour has strengthened me daily. To God be all the glory for all the wonderful things He has done these past two weeks! Thank you for your prayers and for following me and the Holy Spirit on our journey together. God bless you!

"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." John 4:10

"If you then, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!" Luke 11:13

_____________________

No comments:

Post a Comment