Friday 22 July 2011

Holiness

Today has been a quiet day and I spent time finishing my book by Andrew Murray entitled "Called by Christ" in which he urges ministers of the church to be earnest about the state of the Church and the need for spiritual renewal in the Body in order to be effective in missions. He writes,

"It is for this that we need a revival, that the Holy Spirit may take possession of us that the Father and the Son can live in us, and that fellowship with them, and devotion to their will and service, will be our chief joy. This will indeed be a holiness revival."

This evening I spoke to a group of youth leaders from different churches and organisations. We gathered in the home of a couple that are youth leaders for Youth With A Mission. The presence of God was wonderful and I was prompted to share about the need for leaders to be examples to the church as they follow the example of Christ (1 Cor. 11:1). We then looked at the holiness and glory of God and noted how God commands the Church to be like Him (1 John 2:6; 1 Peter 1:15,16; Matthew 5:48) and therefore the Church must depend completely on the Holy Spirit to produce the fruit of God's holy presence within her (Gal. 5:22). After God's Word I invited everyone to be prayed for and we had a very special time as the Holy Spirit ministered to each person present. As I prophesied over many, there were tears and conviction of sin and it seemed as though God's holiness began to manifest in the room. It was wonderful. The most amazing thing was that these leaders were from many different denominations including the catholic church! God wasn't concerned about denominations tonight - He was touching the hearts of His people! Christ, the Barrier-breaker! Hallelujah!

After the meeting Berwyn, Julius and I headed for McDonalds as I was curious to compare the taste with German McD's. I had a cheese burger and fries and to my amusement, Berwyn and Julius ordered chicken with ......RICE!! They serve rice at McD's here! Much healthier I suppose!

Tomorrow I will be leading a youth seminar and probably teach on Kingdom Culture. I will need to check with the Boss in the morning.

"Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ." 1 Cor. 11:1

____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment