Saturday 23 July 2011

The Kingdom of God is here!

Today I led a youth seminar at RTR, a town inbetween Butuan and Cabadbaran about 45 minutes drive from Butuan. Over 60 youngsters attended and I spoke on the reality of the Kingdom of God; how Jesus came to preach about the Kingdom and demonstrated it's presence by revealing the Father's wisdom, nature and power. I then showed how Jesus modelled a life lived from the Kingdom and how He empowers the believer to live the same Kingdom life! Before our lunch break, I invited anyone who wasn't certain of their salvation and of a relationship with God to make a decision to surrender their lives to Christ and receive His life in return. Over 15 young people gave their lives to Jesus today! Hallelujah!

After our lunch break (crumbed chicken, crumbed fish, chicken soup, chinese noodles, rice, mango, bananas and blue pepsi), I taught on how God calls us to be like Him in the power of the Spirit and how we are to continue to do the works of Jesus to reveal the Kingdom. I testified to the healings I had witnessed in recent days and the young people's faith grew by the minute. I then invited everyone to be prayed for and almost all the youngsters came forward. The presence of God was awesome. The Holy Spirit ministered to these precious young people in many different ways and I just sensed how God the Father was filling His children with His love and affirmation. It was very precious and many were truly blessed by God's touch. On our way to the bus, we passed a little rope manufacturing company and when we got back to Butuan, I treated some of the youth that were with us to donuts at Dunkin Donuts. It cost me less than 10 Euro to pay for over 15 donuts and 15 soft drinks! We had a lot of fun together as I showed them pictures of my beautiful family. I am missing them!

It has been a joy to speak about the Kingdom and witness God's Kingdom invade the lives of those who believe. I believe many were wonderfully filled with the Spirit today and many received God's healing touch. God is so faithful to confirm His Word and I am so excited about what He is doing in me and through me as I simply cling to Him and live to glorify His Name! Tomorrow I will preach in the morning and in the afternoon at two different churches.


"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power." 1 Cor. 4:20

___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment