Friday 29 July 2011

God at school

Today I was invited to teach at the Buenavista Special Education Integrated School - an elementary school for gifted children. The children enjoyed the lessons very much and we had a lot of fun together. I was asked to teach on the theme, "The purpose of life" and so I taught the kids how God created man to be like Him (godliness), to know Him (fellowship) and to do His will (co-labour). I then showed how the Fall caused man to become ungodly, separated from God and spiritually unproductive and how Jesus came to model God's purpose for man as well as restore God's purpose for man through faith in Him. The children were very attentive and they really understood the message.

After each lesson, I offered to pray for the sick and we saw God do some amazing things. In one class I prayed for a girl's hearing and God healed her immediately. She got so excited that she raced to her friends and asked them to whisper something in her ear and when she was able to hear properly she was overjoyed! After praying for her, 2 other girls came forward with a similar issue and were also healed on the spot! Hallelujah! I had to teach 4 classes today, each an hour long and after each class I ministered to the sick and we witnessed some wonderful results. In the other classes, the pupils I prayed for testified to feeling better and to feeling God's power in their areas of need. I prayed for kids with asthma, eye infections, appendix problems, sore throats, goitre and back issues. The most exciting thing was the environment in which God was healing these children. As I prayed for the children the others just chatted away and messed around and watched God do His work. I loved it! God is simply not religious and He simply does not need a man-made atmosphere to do His work! What's more is that the children belong to different denominations (primarily Catholic) and some of the kids are Moslems! Now they know why Jesus came and that Jesus saves and heals today! Hallelujah!

Between lessons we were invited for lunch at a local home and I was asked to share a devotional with the family. I shared on the account of Mary and Martha and how Jesus commended Mary for spending time at Jesus' feet and treasuring her Master's presence.

This evening I was invited to a house church and we had a sweet time of fellowship together. I shared from 1 Thessalonians and showed how the church stood out as an example of a people of faith, hope and love because of the way they received the Word of God and allowed the Holy Spirit to convict them of the truth. I was pleased to see Jireh-Mae and her dad again who reported that JM has been able to be back at school but still needs prayer for complete recovery. Please keep her in your prayers.

It really has been another amazing day with God! I praise Him for His love and for His faithfulness and I am thrilled with what He did today. Thank you Lord!

"Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing." John 14:11,12

________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment