Tuesday 26 July 2011

Outpouring

Today I was invited to speak at Guiding Light Christian Fellowship in the mountain area outside Butuan. Berwyn and I travelled with pastors Rudi and Paul in an off-roader that was purchased by pastor Paul with the compensation he received for the death of his young son who was killed in a road accident a few years ago! The road up to the church I called kangaroo road as it was so full of potholes that we were literally alternating hitting our heads on the roof and hitting our bums on the floor and I didn't even ger car sick!

Once we arrived it was dark outside and we waited for the congregation to arrive. We sat carefully on the rather fragile looking pews as we waited. The area is very rough and people had to walk quite a distance to get to the church. Once everyone had arrived (including a frog and a dog), we spent some time worshipping the Lord in song. I was then invited to speak and I began sharing from John 4 - the woman at Jacob's well. I spoke about the difference between knowing about God and knowing God personally and how our asking and receiving will correspond to our knowledge of God. Jesus said to the woman,

"If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water." John 4:10

During the message there was a mighty downpour and I was in competition with the heavy rain thundering on the tin roof. It was a prophetic sign because after 15 people gave their lives to the Lord and came forward to be filled with the Holy Spirit, I simply asked the Lord to pour out His Spirit and the people began weeping in His presence. Young women and men began sobbing in the Lord's presence even before I layed hands on them - they were being baptised in the Father's love and receiving assurance of their reltionship with Him. It was beautiful and very moving indeed!

After the meeting we had a quick photo session (a Philippine passion next to texting on their mobile phones) and some typical food. One member slept through the whole meeting, however! We then made our way home through the mud and bumps. Tomorrow I will be ministering at another church in Butuan.

Today I really sensed the wonderful truth of the Father giving His new-born children the Spirit of adoption. As I prophesied over these precious people, I repeatedly heard the Father say,

"I love you. You are mine. You are not alone. I accept you. I am proud of you. I delight in you. I will never reject you. Nothing can seperate you from my love. My son. My daughter. My princess."

These new creations in Christ were receiving the Spirit of adoption by which we cry, "Abba, Father" (Gal. 4:6). Hallelujah!

"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18

__________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment