Saturday 16 July 2011

Mabini Christian Fellowship

Today we spent the day in Mabini where I visited Berwyn's family and ministered to his church, Mabini Christian Fellowship. In the hot and humid little church we praised God and met with




Him. I am always amazed at the attentiveness of the younger generation here - it's wonderful to see how hungry they are for God. I spoke to these precious people on the difference between knowing about God and knowing God personally. In response to God's very clear word to His people, 4 people gave their lives to Him and have already spoken to pastor Berwyn for follow up. Hallelujah! After the meeting we enjoyed some rice and noodles and some traditional sweet rice. We had a lot of fun together and the kids kept flocking around me - must be my shiny head. It was good to see familiar faces again and to see how Berwyn's children, Christine and Christopher have grown.

I was also pleased to see the small addition that Berwyn was able to build with the generous Christmas donations we gave the church last year. The children now have their own little hut to meet in during the adult meeting so we had children worshipping in the background whilst we listened to God's word in the main church hut.

On our way home, cramped in 15 seater van, the Lord gave me a word of knowledge for a young guy sitting right in front of me. I asked Berwyn to share it with the chap and he was visibly surprised and encouraged. His response confirmed that what I had heard from the Lord was accurate. Hallelujah!

The Lord is really impressing on me the urgent need for the Church to be revived. I believe it is time for the Church to wake up and move with God's purposes for His people in His power. Only a revived people will make an impact and have a influence on a lost world. Andrew Murray writes,

"There can be no forward movement in missions, no great offering of life, without a deepening of the spiritual life of the church leaders and a real spiritual revival among the church members."

Oh, that the Church would hear and obey God's call!

"'Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you.' Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." Eph. 5:14,15


__________

No comments:

Post a Comment